Aluminium Alloy 5083 is known for exceptional performance in extreme environments. 5083 is highly resistant to attack by both seawater and industrial chemical environments.
Aluminium Alloy 5083 also retains exceptional strength after welding. It has the highest strength of the non-heat treatable alloys but is not recommended for use in temperatures in excess of 65°C.
Aluminium Alloy 5083 is typically used in:
Tip truck bodies
Mine skips and cages
Mechanical properties shown are for 0/H111 temper.
The most common tempers for 5083 aluminium are:
0 – Soft
H111 – Some work hardening imparted by shaping processes but less than required for H11 temper
H32 – Work hardened by rolling then stabilised by low temperature heat treatment to quarter hard
When welding 5083 to itself or another alloy from the same sub-group, the recommended filler metal is 5183. Other suitable fillers are 5356 and 5556.
Weldability – Gas: Average
Weldability – Arc: Excellent
Weldability – Resistance: Excellent
Workability – Cold: Average
Specification of 5083 Marine Aluminum Sheet
|Alloy||Temper||Rm(Mpa)Tensile strength||Rp0.2(MPa)Yield strength||ElongationA(%)||Exfoliationcorrosion||Intergranular corrosionMg/cm2||Certification|
|5083||O/H111/H112||≥275||≥125||≥16||–||–||DNV, GL, ABS, CCS, BV, LR|
|5083||O,H12,H14,H16,H18,H19,H22,H24,H26,H28,H32,H34H36,H38,H111,H112,H114,H 116,H321||3-50 mm||2000 mm or customized||6000/8000/9000/12000mm or customized|
Advantages of Aluminum 5083 for Ship Building
1. 5083 aluminum plate is of low density, contributing to the light weight of the ships and less fuel consumption. It can also improve the the length-to-width ratio of the ship and stability,which makes the ship easier to maneuver.
2. 5083 aluminum plate is of extremely good corrosion resistance, reducing maintenance costs such as oiling.
3. It has good processing and forming performance, which is easy to be processed in various forms such as cutting, stamping, cold bending, forming and cutting. This is helpful for the light weight and reasonable structure of the ships.
4. 5083 aluminum sheet is of good welding performance, reducing numbers of welds.
5083 Aluminum Plate Stock
Why Choose Haomei Aluminum
- During the production process, a small amount of Be is added to the 5083 aluminum plate to reduce the cracking tendency of the ingot and improve the surface quality of the rolled plate.
- 5083 marine aluminum plate is certificated by DNV and CSS.
- 5083 aluminum plate has no oil spots, no scratches, no rolling marks, no burrs and neat trimming.
- With strong production capacity, we can take orders of 8-5000 tons with 7-35 days delivery. We can also offer you best aluminum 5083 price based on our strong supply capacity.
- Our 5083 aluminum plate can reach 2650 mm wide and 600 mm thick.